Contact: +91-9711224068
International Journal of Applied Research
  • Multidisciplinary Journal
  • Printed Journal
  • Indexed Journal
  • Refereed Journal
  • Peer Reviewed Journal

ISSN Print: 2394-7500, ISSN Online: 2394-5869, CODEN: IJARPF

Impact Factor: RJIF 5.2

International Journal of Applied Research

Vol. 2, Issue 1, Part C (2016)

Gender difference and achievement motivation among adolescent school students

Author(s)
Dr. K Kavitha Maheswari, M Aruna
Abstract
Achievement is task-oriented behavior that allows the individual’s performance to be evaluated according to some internally or externally imposed criterion that involves the individual in competing with others, or that otherwise involves some standard of excellence. Descriptive research has been done in this research describing the socio demographic characteristics the respondents along with their achievement motivation and also to find the gender difference with reference to their achievement motivation. The study was conducted at N.N. Ramanathan Iyyer high school, Nangavaram, Karur district. The universe of the study were the 10th standard students of both gender belonged to the same school. There were totally 128 students who constituted the universe of the study. The researcher used census method to select the respondents. Here in this study all the 10th standard students of both the gender studying in N.N. Ramanathan Iyyer high school, Nangavaram, Karur district were included in the sample to collect the data. There were totally 128 respondents included in the present study. The major findings of this study revealed that a little more than half of the respondents (55.5%) were having low-level of achievement motivation and the remaining respondents (44.5%) having high level of achievement motivation. ‘Z’Test was applied and it is inferred that there is significant difference between gender of the respondents with regard their to achievement motivation, the calculated Z value= 2.314 (P<0.05) is higher than the table value so the research hypothesis is accepted and the null hypothesis is rejected.
Pages: 149-152  |  703 Views  41 Downloads
How to cite this article:
Dr. K Kavitha Maheswari, M Aruna. Gender difference and achievement motivation among adolescent school students. International Journal of Applied Research. 2016; 2(1): 149-152.
Call for book chapter
International Journal of Applied Research