Contact: +91-9711224068
International Journal of Applied Research
  • Multidisciplinary Journal
  • Printed Journal
  • Indexed Journal
  • Refereed Journal
  • Peer Reviewed Journal

ISSN Print: 2394-7500, ISSN Online: 2394-5869, CODEN: IJARPF

Impact Factor: RJIF 8.4

International Journal of Applied Research

Vol. 1, Issue 11, Part O (2015)

Organizational Citizenship Behavior In Relation To Social Capital in North West Region of Ethiopian Electric Power Corporation: A Case of Amhara Regional State

Author(s)
Demis Alamirew Getahun, Ritu Lehal
Abstract
The aim of this study was to investigate the relationship between employees organizational citizenship behavior and organizational social capital in North West Region of Ethiopian Electric Power Corporation. First, the study area was clustered in to five zones and three zones were selected through simple random sample. All study samples (359) were planned to collect out of 860 employees. However, only 347 questionnaires were distributed because 12 (3.3%) of participants were involuntary to fill the questionnaire so that they were excluded from the study. The response rate was 245 (70.6%). The remaining 102(29.39%) was either wrongly filled or unreturned so that only 237 (68.3%) were used for analyzing the data. The data was analyzed with the help of SPSS version 20 and AMOS was used to investigate whether the model fits to the data or not. Through the help of AMOS, the value greater than 0.90 exhibits a good fit for the model so that for this study i.e., comparative fit index, Normed Fit Index, Relative Fit Index, Incremental Fit Index and Tucker-Lewis index was consider and the result confirms all this fit indexes was greater than .90. The correlation result revealed that OCB has significant relationship with social capital. All dimensions of OCB except sportsmanship show significant relationship with social capital. Furthermore, nearly 6.2 percent variance of the current level of employees’ social capital is accounted for the manifestation of organizational citizenship behavior and OCB was a significant predictor of social capital at (β=.253, p<.01).
Pages: 1044-1051  |  645 Views  12 Downloads
How to cite this article:
Demis Alamirew Getahun, Ritu Lehal. Organizational Citizenship Behavior In Relation To Social Capital in North West Region of Ethiopian Electric Power Corporation: A Case of Amhara Regional State. Int J Appl Res 2015;1(11):1044-1051.
Call for book chapter
International Journal of Applied Research