Contact: +91-9711224068
International Journal of Applied Research
  • Multidisciplinary Journal
  • Printed Journal
  • Indexed Journal
  • Refereed Journal
  • Peer Reviewed Journal

ISSN Print: 2394-7500, ISSN Online: 2394-5869, CODEN: IJARPF

IMPACT FACTOR (RJIF): 8.4

International Journal of Applied Research

Vol. 6, Issue 3, Part E (2020)

Effectiveness of music on anxiety and physiological parameters among pre-operative patients undergoing coronary artery bypass grafting, in a selected hospital, Bangalore

Author(s)
Laishram BabyRose Devi, Puvaneswari K and Anbueswari K
Abstract
Introduction: In this 21st century, there are lots of changes such as the way people live, their lifestyle, and their food patterns. With these rapid changes among people, there is a change in the health pattern and an increase in incidence of cardiac disorders. Anxiety is common among all patients diagnosed with coronary artery disease (CAD), treatment and prognosis with the illness.
Methods: A quantitative research approach with the true experimental design was adopted among sixty patients who were selected by using simple random sampling technique. The collected data included the baseline variables, physiological parameters, and the Beck Anxiety Inventory Scale.
Results: In the experimental group, only 27% of the patients were having moderate anxiety and the remaining 73% were with severe anxiety before the intervention, whereas in the post-intervention, the anxiety level of 40% of them was with moderate anxiety and 60% with severe anxiety. The mean pre-interventional anxiety score was 38.1333, whereas mean post interventional anxiety score was 30.7667. The calculated t value (t=12.233) at p<0.05 was greater than the table value at 0.05 level of significance.
Pages: 283-288  |  308 Views  17 Downloads
How to cite this article:
Laishram BabyRose Devi, Puvaneswari K, Anbueswari K. Effectiveness of music on anxiety and physiological parameters among pre-operative patients undergoing coronary artery bypass grafting, in a selected hospital, Bangalore. Int J Appl Res 2020;6(3):283-288.
Call for book chapter
International Journal of Applied Research